I Live Shabby Chic

Saturday, June 1, 2013

FRENCH SHABBY CHIC


I like Shabby Chic! No, the feeling is more intense. I live French Shabby Chic. I Google searched these entries under French Shabby Chic and I also post two boards on Pinterst on the theme. But why would I adore the feminine, refreshing, beautiful style? It is hard to define because I am not into blues and I do not like whitewash anything, and yet, I like it. In a way, it reminds me of the Art Deco buildings, windows, cinemas, home decor I grew up with. The film that inspired the modern French Shabby that is very chic was a production by Sofia Coppola. Marie-Antoinette was a lovely film and Manolo Blahnik -the shoe prince, designed the shoes for the film. I hope that Miss Coppola will one day win for best director on Oscar night. She is very talented and I found her to be an excellent actress on The Godfather III. I am not a huge movie fan, but 'good is good.' I wish I could bring color to these pics, pastel shabby and tres chic, but it might kill the mood ...
Such as lovely Shabby Chic bride! I, too, wore a lovely lace shabby chic gown ... on when I married my husband ten years ago. The charming dress on this pic reminds me of the Boho look ...

No comments:

Post a Comment