I Live Shabby Chic

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

PRESERVING THE PAST


Stylish Shabby Chic cups and saucers. I have always found great beauty in old-fashioned china, dinnerware to be precise. Tea cups and Coffee cups, and for those who do not drink herbal teas or regular teas and coffee, these are suitable for apple cider/apple juice, hot cocoa/chocolate, cranberry juice and so forth. I like the old-fashioned cup and saucer sets as opposed to Mugs! The delicate elegance of cup and saucer has faded, but I grew-up with cup and saucer, and I cannot help enjoying the old-fashioned sets of dinnerware. Fancy or simple Fire King, it did not matter which was at the dinner table when I was a child. I found as much beauty on this sets as I did on the lovely flowers that I praised and enjoyed at close range. The stylish elegance and delicacy of the past should be preserved. There are a 'few' sets of china that are marketed as cup and saucer. No more mugs, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment