I Live Shabby Chic

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Style, Design, Color ... Eclectic and NOT Proud of it


Mix and match and you have the shabby and the chic, Shabby Chic. The world of flora and color charms our lives. I am a mix, French Shabby Chic, Retro 1970s Americana, and early American. I wish I could be defined in one category and not in more than one selection, but that is what I enjoy. I like avocado green which I call olive green. Yet, I like refreshing, uncluttered Shabby Chic and cozy, comfortable Retro 1970s. Many times I see Shabby Chic and it reminds me of the Art Deco I grew up with as a kid. When I see the exquisite style of sophisticated and gentle 'Marie-Antoinette' Shabby Chic. I identify with the style and it gives me great pleasure. I also like Boho / Bohemian Gyspy so much, primarily for its colors.

The solution to one like me who enjoys four different styles would be to display each style in one room. Ah, but I do not decorate with any of the four styles that I adore and just mentioned. The reason is that I like peach walls and some of the green, too, and that I have many books which distracts from decorating the interiors the way I would like it. I like the French sofa, but I do not like its texture or style. Shabby Chic uses so much of the whitewash that I do not like ... In fashion the answer is simple, house-dress and robe or Boho, but when I go out it is always stylish with a French-look.

My style in fashion is classic and French, and that is easy, but in terms of home decor, one has to consider what the husband likes, too. I wanted dark brown walls and colored ceilings. He wanted white ceilings and all white dolls. The bathroom appliances were not made in emerald green and my green bathroom became blue and white. I do not like it, but everyone else likes it, and my husband likes blue, and therefore I am happy. I used cobalt, very soft sky blue, and navy, added white to the crown moldings and bathroom closet and voila! It is lovely, but I wanted green. My husband likes it in the blues and it is a beautiful bathroom. It worked out. There are options and I am flexible. In my heart, I would have enjoyed the house in early American primitive design with one room in Shabby Chic, Parisian style!

No comments:

Post a Comment